INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Personal Information. In order for you to take advantage of opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to register with us) we may collect personal information that can identify you such as your full name, postal and email address, credit card number, and similar information. You may also have the option to upload your photograph. We do not, however, knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen.
Non-Personal Information. Non-personal information is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. We collect non-personal information including IP addresses and web site usage information from you.
We also use web beacons (invisible images often referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) on our sites in order to recognize users and assess traffic patterns, and we may include web beacons and cookies in our e-mail messages in order to count how many e-mail messages have been opened.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Generally. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided it including, without limitation, to enable us to process and fulfill your transactions, forward your subscriptions or other requests.
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us.
- To notify you about our products, services, and special offers.
- To otherwise contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you.
- For our internal business purposes, or to enhance or develop features, products and services.
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see on our Site.
- To allow other companies to send you promotional materials about their products and services.
We may combine that personal information that we collect from you with information that we collect from third parties.
Because non-personal information does not identify you, we reserve the right to use non-personal information for any purpose and share non-personal information with third parties without restriction.
Affiliates. We may share your personal information with affiliated companies and businesses.
Service Providers. We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Site, sending e-mail, and fulfilling purchase requests. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your private information solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf.
Special Circumstances. We also may disclose your personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Site terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Social Network and Interactive Tools. Certain features on our Site give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include creating profiles, forums, message boards, and chat.
If you register with us and create a profile, the information in your profile may be viewed by and shared with any visitor to the Site with your profile code (that is, the code printed on your cards) as well as other members of the winkd.me community. You are solely responsible for safeguarding your code. Be aware that once you share your code with an individual, he or she may share it with others, who will then have access to your profile.
Your profile will not reveal your name and contact information, unless you include in text when answering our profile creation questions. If you do not want that information to be seen by others viewing your profile, please do not include it when answering our questions.
When you use our service features, you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and e-mail address, may be publicly available to other members of the winkd.me community. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these interactive features.
Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information to others on our Site, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
When you choose to post information that will be disclosed to others, you are responsible for ensuring that such information conforms to all local data protection laws. We are not responsible under any data protection laws for user posted information. If you are a visitor to the Site, messages that you send profile holders through winkd.me will list your email address and name in the header of the message.
If you are a registered profile holder, your contact information will only be shared with another user if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
CHOICE. We will include an opportunity to "opt out" of marketing e-mail from winkd.me on any marketing email that we send to you.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION. We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard personal information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
TRANSFER TO UNITED KINGDOM OR OTHER COUNTRIES. Your information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country where we have facilities, and by subscribing to our services and/or using our Site you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country.